POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One-way transmission? : One-way transmission? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  One-way transmission?
From: David Nedrow
Date: 29 Jun 2004 13:01:38
Message: <40e1a072$1@news.povray.org>
I'd like to use an image as a "virtual" Duratran to dress out the
interior of rooms that are only viewed through a window or door. I
really don't want to render a bunch of furniture, etc. A static backdrop
is more than sufficient for this project.

What I'd like to do, is have the image mapped on a plane or box, with
the front surface (camera facing) normally opaque and reflective. Behind
the object, I'd like to use a soft light to illuminate the object from
behind.

This would allow me to keep a minimum of illumination/visibility even
when the room passes into shadow or for "night" scenes.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to implement this? Or even if
it's possible?

-David